Well... it went ok, I guess. The principal joined us. There were lots of things (emotional things) that I didn't get to say, but in a nutshell the principal explained that kicking her off the team was a snap decision - and she is allowed back on the team because she is a valuable asset, but not without consequence, so she won't be allowed at the next 3 tournaments. At this point I'm not sure if she can be convinced that she should participate - so we'll see. She is pretty humiliated and hurt. We got everything worked out and another, calmer conversation is going to take place between her and the teacher to iron out the rest of the awkwardness of it all. Hopefully it will just go away soon. You know how small towns are, the rumor is going around among the students how she "let everyone down" by not going to this thing. I guess it was a way bigger deal than any of us realized. When all was said and done, all parties involved agree that this was an experience that we all learned from and the conference ended on positive, friendly terms - so I'm thankful for that, and for your prayers. Now...we just wanna move on and forget about it. Hope this gossipy little town will let us. Oh, I do hate the drama. This too shall pass.
Thanks to those of you that offered your support and prayers... you have no idea how much that means to a confused, hurting mom, you're the best! :)
Birth Story
14 years ago
1 comments:
I do not like how the "small town" thing works. It's so dumb! Even Hays is that way and you know, we have like 24,000 people. Work seems to be the same way.
Post a Comment