We're getting closer to seeing Luke walk on his own two feet without assistance, and it's really exciting. He is now off the Rx Pain meds and limiting the amount of Ibuprofen he's taking for pain and swelling. He's glad to be off the Percoset and said that he feels better without it in his system, though he is experiencing more discomfort, but coping. I'm so proud of how strong he is and how determined to speed along his healing. He took off today for Wichita - BY HIMSELF! This is the second trip he's made without me - but he takes his ice pack along because by evening he's swelled up pretty good. He says he's experiencing lots of aching where the screws are holding the rod to the bone, ICK. I suppose the cold weather probably doesn't help, it was 4 degrees here this morning. Luke will go back for a 2 month followup visit on Feb. 18th to see how he's healing. I'm hoping that the jolt he got when he tripped on the steps coming into the house won't have set him back any.
I've got Ciara home sick today. She started a wicked miserable cold/flu bug while we were in Nebraska this past weekend at Luke's Mom's. It would seem that our car can't leave the Hays area without someone breaking something or being sick. I don't get it... but I guess that's the way it goes. What's even more frustrating to me is the wretchedly cold weather and all the snow and ice we've had here. Winters generally look like this in Nebraska, not Kansas. It wouldn't bother me except for I've got a husband in a truck driving 3 hours to Wichita and a teenage daughter driving 10 miles one way for school with the other 2 kids. I'm just so tired of worrying about if it's safe for them to be driving. When the snow melts off from one storm it sets in again. Seems like we just can't get a break. Grr. I'm ready for spring!
Ciara and Tina are getting excited for Snoball - the winter formal dance. It will be on February 9th. We had to take Tina shopping for a formal dress, she went ahead and got a dress for prom too so she won't have to worry about it then. We still need to shop for shoes for Ciara - but we bought her dresses at an exceedingly discounted price this summer when nobody was looking for formals. That girl is a bargain shopper, gotta love it!
Well... I'm really busy with Valentine's products and preparing for an upcoming soap party, and I've got 3 orders to fill plus need to turn in 2 or 3 supply orders, so I suppose I ought to get to it. I guess I'm procrastinating, I'm just so cold it's hard to get motivated. More later.........
Birth Story
14 years ago
1 comments:
Sounds like you are busy! See ya at the Soap Party next weekend!
Post a Comment