We are thanking God for the healing that's taking place in Luke's leg. The first of February, he began mostly walking (limping) without assistance! WOO HOO!! The kids and I are so proud of him. He's worked really hard at gritting his teeth and dealing with the pain and discomfort. The pain is under control for the most part and it's been weeks since he's taken anything for pain, but sometimes after a long day he really feels it.
He got a good report at his appointment on the 10th. The doc said that the bones are fusing and rebuilding and that he's very pleased with the progress. He did say that it's not good for Luke to walk with that foot out rather than straight forward and he is doing that to compensate for the discomfort of walking with it straight. Doc thinks this is cuz he is walking on the inside of his foot because the arches have broken down some since he hasn't been walking on the foot for months. He's giving him an arch support that he says should help with that and Luke is just supposed to conscientiously walk properly so that things continue to heal right. Overall we were really thrilled with the outcome of that visit. We were a little bit disappointed that the doctor never suggested compression stockings to help with the swelling in his ankle and foot though. He just began wearing them on his own and it's made a world of difference, he can even wear normal shoes. It's incredible how that thing keeps the swelling under control.
Well... I promised myself that I'd keep this shorter than several of the last ones so I guess that's it for now. Just wanted you all to know how awesome Luke is doing and to ask you to continue praying for total healing - and more specifically, please pray that he never has to have that steel rod removed! Thanks in advance.
Oh, one last thing... I'm really thankful for my "Valentine" of 18 years. What a blessing he is to me this Valentine's Day and EVERY day! I love my Lukie! Just thought you'd like to know. ;)
Love n Hugs,
Jami
Birth Story
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment