Sunday, July 20, 2008

It must be good...

cuz I read it in a day. That's got to be a record for me. Don't make fun, but in 2007 I was excited because I actually read a WHOLE book. It took me 6 months, but I read every last page. I know that sounds funny to be proud of myself for reading a book, but I just have so many other things going on that I haven't had the time to do a lot of reading. I rather enjoyed it actually! Before, when I did make the time to read...I got in the rut of reading only "self-help" type books which I never seemed to be able to finish.

So the other day while we were at Hastings renting a movie - I came across a couple of books that I thought looked pretty good. I bought "The Shack" and "90 Minutes in Heaven". The same day I read the prologue to 90 Minutes in Heaven, and then today I picked it up to get a feel for if it was a good read or not, and couldn't put it down. I finished this book in ONE DAY! I really surprised myself. The story was just so intriguing that I couldn't tear myself away from it. (thankfully I got most of my chores done yesterday so I could have some free time today)

Anyway... it's the story of a pastor that dies in a car accident and is dead for 90 minutes before coming back to life. In that 90 minutes he experiences heaven and in the book shares the details about what he encountered and the anguish he felt being sent back to earth to endure the pain and suffering of healing from all the massive injuries he sustained in the accident. He shares about the power of prayer, how God is using this experience in his life now and how he longs for his heavenly home. I really loved this book and would recommend it to anyone looking for a heart warming, easy read. Now I'm anxious to get started on the other book I picked up. If you read it, let me know whatchya think!

0 comments: