Yup...it's zero here today. -17 if you consider the wind chill. BRRR.
This morning I went with Luke to his LAST doctor's appointment for the broken leg. I nearly froze to death getting in and out of the car, and wore my gloves inside the building. But the good news is that he is doing great and doesn't have to go back. WOO HOO!! Next year about this time if the screws are bothering him they can go in and remove them, but as long as he feels fine, he doesn't need to go back. I'm so thankful that a year later he is mostly back to normal with the exception of an overcalcified bone "bump" on his shin.
Now... back to the cold. I'm tired of it. Mostly because I hate going out in it and it's a total pain that Ciara's car is cold blooded and has lots of problems in the winter time. Last week while Luke was in Atlanta, Ciara's car door gunk froze up and her door wouldn't shut. This happens every year about this time. ANNOYING!!! So basically you have to find a way to warm it up enough to stoften the goo in the latch so it will move and stay shut. Also, it doesn't like to start sometimes and the steering wheel squeals its disapproval of the cold. If the car isn't properly warmed up (15-20 minutes) she may as well not even try to drive it because then it has steering problems and roars like a lion. Most recently, the speedometer refuses to function in the cold. UGH!!! Seriously. While I'm thankful that my daughter even has a vehicle to drive (1995 Chrysler Cirrus) I'm annoyed that my 2002 SUV is parked outside or in the machine shed because her little cold-blooded beast demands to be kept in my warm garage, you know the one with the automatic garage door opener. *Sigh* So of course Luke is leaving town again tomorrow for the week. Looks like I may have to just put her car in the machine shed and stake claims on my warm garage if I'm going to have to be driving the kids to school anyway. I just don't think it's worth the fight, because even if her car is warm in the morning, it won't be after it's sat in the parking lot at the highschool for 8 hours. So... say a little prayer for Ciara's car and all of our sanity, because even if we could afford to do something for her, we would never be able to sell her Cirrus this time of year with all it's problems. The key is if we can sell it in the spring ... make sure it's nice and clean so that the new owner won't find out for a while that it doesn't like water either and dies when you go through the car wash or a big mud puddle. ha ha. Poor Ciara, but at least she has wheels right? ;) About 75% of the time it's fantastic.
So... I'm looking forward to some warmer temperatures coming up this week. It's supposed to actually get into the 20's and 30's eventually. YAY!!
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
That's funny! I can't believe she has so much trouble, maybe she should take it easy on her car so it doesn't hate her so much. I love my car. I have recently replaced the serpentine belt and it does make a lot of noise because a bearing in the alternator is going out so eventully that will need to be replaced as well. Oh well!
I love you Jami! I love you Jesus is the reason post and I love your frozen seal? I love you so much and I love that you are cold because right now my whole back and neck are peeling because of the sunburn. Geesh. I miss you!!!
Post a Comment