We are so excited about what the future holds for our girl. She is bright and has earned herself enough scholarships to pay for the first two years of college and part of the last two at FHSU, here in Hays. Scholarships are still rolling in... our girl is smart!! It helps that she scored a 29 on her ACT. She will enter her freshman year of college with 9 college credit hours. She took a virtual course and two classes at EHS for college credit. She's worked hard and will finish the year with a 3.8 or 3.9 GPA!! We are so incredibly proud of this girl!!
This next school year will be an interesting one as we will be merely filling the role of counselor, when over the years we've been teacher and coach. The bible says, "train a child in the way he should go and even when he is old, he will not depart from it." Prov. 22:6. I have to trust God's word on this one. Seriously... all the training is done, now it's up to our daughter to do what she knows is right and true. Even though our baby girl has never been incredibly social... she has never been drunk, isn't promiscuous, etc. We are incredibly blessed to have such a wise daughter - even beyond her years, sometimes. Even though this transition makes me feel just a little sad, and makes me long for my baby once again... I know that God has incredible things in store for her. As the verse on her graduation announcement says, "I will bless you with a future filled with hope... a future of success!" (Jer. 29:11) I believe it. :)
So graduation is the 16th and our company begins rolling in on Friday. We are preparing food, tidying up the house, attending the final programs of the year at at school... things are busy busy around our home right now, but soon this will all be over and Ciara will be officially graduated. She is so excited and we're excited for her! One down, one to go. We've got 3 years before we do this all over again with our man son. Once the graduations are over, I suppose we will be nearing the time that we begin discussing weddings. Oh dear! The other day I freaked Luke out by mentioning that it was probably time to start thinking about opening a wedding account and making deposits into it. He gave me a look that I can't even describe and said, "NO". ha ha. I laughed and told him that he might wanna start trying to wrap his mind around it. Not that it will happen tomorrow, or even in a year or 2... but we were married at age 19 and 20 - so it's not beyond the realm of possibility as Ciara will turn 18 in August. Oh what excitement the future holds for us all!! *smile*
Without further ado... here is the photo "Walk down memory lane" of our sweet daughter, Ciara!

Blue jeans baby

Ciara has always been a good big sister

Little miss piggy tails is turnin' into a toddler

Sunbathing beauty at about age 3

She loves her brother so much - they've always been great friends

Darling curly head. Look at that sweet face!

Little angel is keepin' the tooth fairy busy

Glasses... and her first flowers from a BOY!


11 comments:
Oh Jami! What a beautiful, intelligent young woman you have raised! It seems like only yesterday that I was graduating and I remember how hard that was for my Mom too. I know it will be here before I realize it for my oldest too. Time just doesn't stop for us, does it?! I was tearing up just looking at Ciara's sweet photos of her growing up. It reminds me of my own girls and how I wish I could just stop time sometimes. That is so wonderful that you are close with Ciara. I had that with my Mom too, and I can tell you from a daughter's perspective....she will never stop needing you, it will just be in different and more grown up ways. I look forward to watching what Ciara will accomplish. I know she will do great things! And the greatest gift you have given her, to trust in the Lord, will guide her throughout her entire life.
I hope you have a wonderful celebration with her and your family this weekend! Please tell her that we are so proud of her too!
Congradulations to Ciara on her accomplishments, and best wishes as she continues her education.
Prayers are with you as she goes off to college. That I can relate to. How many times I cried all the way home after I had been to see her.
Have a great day.
Jami, You are a precious mother. You have a beautiful daughter who BTW looks so much like you! (I saw Luke in her childhood pictures but then when she got older she turned into you!)
She sounds amazing and so talented. And a very good girl who loves the Lord. You have done a good job! Congratulations!!!
Each stage of life is fulfilling. I have treasured the entire time with my girls. It never stops,...every day with them is new.
Grandkids are wonderful,..I hope you will have son someday. (But we will let her graduate,...and move on through the next few years before we think of weddings and babies). (Smile)
Enjoy the time with your company as you all celebrate Ciara!
Love, Linda @ Truthful Tidbits
Your daughter sounds like a wonderful woman. I wish her the best!
What great photos! Your daughter sounds like a wonderful young woman - beautiful on the inside and out
What a cutie! She's still a cutie! See ya Saturday!
I am so bummed...my computer is acting up and I can't seem to pull up any pictures...so I couldn't see the pics. But, your words tugged at my heart. My son started high school this year and I can hear the clock ticking. I know our time with him is running out and it will be just a blink away before I too will be planning a graduation, looking through pictures, wondering where my sweet baby went, and saying good-bye. It is a heart-wrenching season. What a blessing that you have such a wise girl...reminds me a little of the verse in Proverbs 31 that talks about "her children rising up and calling her blessed". Blessed among women are you, sweet friend. Job well done.
Prayers and love to you as you enter this new season... I'll be joining you soon.
God bless you and your beautiful daughter as you all enter a new season in life.
Jami,
I know this is a hard time in your life but you raised a beautiful (and smart!) daughter and most importantly...you raised her to love the Lord and he will go with her wherever she goes.
Don't stress out with all the graduation stuff - just enjoy every minute of it. :)
Love ya.
Lynnette
Beautiful pics! It goes so fast, doesn't it? My oldest is only 11 but it just keeps zoooming along..
Thanks everyone, for your sweet words of encouragement. Totally blesses my heart!! :)
It's gonna be a wonderful day to remember always. :)
Post a Comment