Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Potpourri...

Shoogie had me up at 6:30 a.m. this morning, then I couldn't go back to sleep. So I laid there and thought about everything and after half an hour decided to just get up and get on with my day. I haven't been able to blog lately since things have been so wild around my house, but I've been thinking about you all and wondering what you've been up to! You probably thought I dropped off the face of the planet, but No... I'm still kickin'!! Here's what's been goin' on... it's a varitable potpourri!

April 4th the kids had Prom. They looked stunning! I was proud. :)



April 9th, Brandon is happy because he got a new 16 gb Zune for his 15th birthday. Goodness, my baby's growin' up... where does the time go?



Brandon had his cousin/best buddy Robbie stay the night for his birthday, they always have an awesome time together. They're a little crazy.



This is his handsome/distinguished look. ha ha. and the Strawberry cake he requested.




The next day... the boys saw Ciara doing yoga so they thought they'd give it a try. We nearly wet ourselves laughing at those two. What a couple of nuts!! As you can see they are highly entertaining.





A couple weeks later (April 21st) was my honey man's birthday. It was a fun day. He got a lot of nice gifts from me and the kids... but I think his favorite TOY was the Garmin GPS I got him. He travels a lot and is in new places all the time, so it just seemed like the thing to do. Of course we had to use it that night already and see if it worked. It's a woman's voice... Ciara and I named her Sha nay nay. ha ha. Don'tchya love it?





He really enjoyed his black cherry pie and vanilla ice cream too... as you can see.




After the festivities at home, Sha nay nay helped us find our way to the miniature golf course for a round. Here's daddy and the babies.



There were gorgeous trees in bloom, so Ciara and I stopped for a pic. :) It was an absolutely beautiful day. 88 degrees, then cooled down just enough in the evening. We really soaked it up!



And here we all are in the cave on the 18th hole. Someone always has to do something weird or out of the ordinary when we take pictures, most often it's Brandon.


I loved the reflections in the water at the minature golf course. It was a perfect evening and we all thoroughly enjoyed soakin' up some fresh air and sunshine.



Oh geesh, after minature golf we went to Wal-mart for a few things. I lost the boys, so I hunted them down and here's what I found! :D



The Wal-mart cowboys crossing swords. Too funny!


That night it rained, and into the next day. Then when it finally stopped I saw a rainbow out my bay window. I kinda felt like it was meant for me. Promise.



Does this look like a great spot for labor and delivery or what?! See the box under the counter, right behind the ladder? This is where Bonnie decided she would bring her new babies into the world. Looks like a good spot to me - a box full of shredded cardboard. :)


Whenever one of our Momma's has babies, all the other farm cats need to come by for a visit and check things out. Here is "VanHalen" (Brandon named him, haha) checkin' out the scene. :)


This is Bonnie, the new momma. Isn't she pretty? This is her second litter, she's a really good Mommy.



This is Bonnie's "sister", Calypso. Both girls came from my Grandpa's farm when we found ourselves without any females. Turns out she's a new mommy too, but we haven't found her babies yet. Funny thing... Calypso has babies that look like Bonnie and Bonnie has babies that look like Calypso. Weird.



Here are the precious children. Can't wait to find all the rest! Isn't life sweet? I love these little babies and can't wait to hold every one of them!!



It's been so busy around here, I barely have time to breath. Maybe the end of June I can relax. Upcoming we have Forensics night at school on Monday nite, then our anniversary on the 28th (Luke will be out of town on business), the weekend of May 2nd is state forensics in Wichita, then on May 9th is the kids' Railairres dinner theater at school, Ciara's graduation on the 16th and then on May 24th I will be training the new owner of Jinny Crickets Soap & Stuff. Yup... my business has been sold! It was a total God thing. I've been considering selling for a long time because I'm completely overwhelmed and not able to commit the amount of time and energy it would take to grow my business to its fullest potential, so I felt I should pass it on to someone who has the ambition and desire to do that. I basically emailed a friend and asked if she knew anyone that would be interested. Within a day she responded and said her sister was interested. Just 2 weeks later she came for a visit and signed an intent to purchase agreement. Isn't God amazing? So... transition happens the end of May and I'll be "free" from the stress of owning my own business before the end of the month. *sigh* It's bittersweet. This business has been kind of my baby. I grew it up and it's been an exciting ride, but I feel that this season is over for me. I'm looking forward to what's next and have already begun a new part time job. I am working for a Home repair/remodeling company from home 10-15 hours a week taking care of all the office stuff and building a website for the company. So far I love it! Even though life has been super hectic and I don't know if I'm coming or going most days lately... I am totally blessed and praise God for all he's doing! What a truly awesome God we serve. :)

5 comments:

ProudMom said...

Thanks for all the pictures! Love 'em! :) Can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks!

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a great time on Luke's birthday. :)

Sounds like life has been nut-so! Can you believe you have a graduate!? Wow.

So, you sold your business huh? Well, I'm glad that God provided a buyer since you were overwhelmed. That's a huge blessing and I'm excited for you.

I have missed you and am glad to hear what's going on over your direction.

Love ya.
Lynnette

Kristin said...

Wow! You have been busy! I loved all the funny pictures! Congrats on selling your business! That's awesome how it all worked out for you!!

Jami said...

Nice pictures...beautiful family too! Congratulations on the new job! Yes, God is awesome! Amazing how he works it all out for good, isn't it?

Kristin said...

Hey Jami! I've missed talking to you too, but I completely understand how busy you are with Graduation and all. I know you will be one proud Momma at Graduation! I know this is such a huge time for all of you! I hope you have a great time and we'll catch up when it's not quite so busy! Love ya!

Kristin