
SO MUCH FUN! Ciara and I saw Hairspray last nite and loved it! John Travolta is a hoot.My goodness, how they convinced him to dress up as Edna Turnblat I'll never know, haha, but he was great. I wasn't sure what to expect from the movie, but the music was good and not overdone. I've never seen Hairspray before, so the whole movie was a surprise for me. I thought it was fabulous how Tracy's dream goes from being "Miss Teen Hairspray" to integrating the Corny Collins show to include black and white dancers, and to help people understand that even if you're not a size 2 Barbie Doll, you can still acheive your dreams. We laughed and laughed at some of our favorite actors; Christopher Walken (as John Travolta's husband - it was outrageously funny), Jerry Stiller as Mr. Pinky, Michele Pfeifer - the racist TV station manager, Amanda Bynes as the best friend and of course John Travolta as the Mom. Interestingly enough, Ricki Lake shows up in the audience in the movie and she was in one of the original Hairspray productions.
We couldn't convince Luke to go, but I think he really would have enjoyed it too. He and Brandon stayed home and watched a (grunt) "guy movie" - Braveheart.
Anyway, Ciara and I give this one 2 thumbs up... so go see it if you can, I think it's sure to please.
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
This comes out in a month here...and I totally am going to go see it. For reals, it is rad because two movie tickets, 2 drinks and a large popcorn is $6.00. Woo Hoo. Movies for everyone. I really like that picture of you on the side. You are HOTT!
Wow! That's good. I kinda thought it looked dumb. ~Aub
Post a Comment