
Hey! So we're home and it's like a 3 ring circus here. :)
Ring 1:
Luke was discharged from Hays Medical Center on Monday evening at about 6 p.m. - I can't even tell you how ready we both were to get out of there! He is doing alright, they didn't cast his leg, but he has what's called a "cam boot" and he needs to be wearing this when he walks with his crutches, which he's doing pretty well with.The really fun thing is wrapping that whole contraption in saran wrap and then duct taping a trash bag over the whole thing for a shower. UGH! Talk about a chore. When he's not wearing the cam boot he is trying to keep ice on it to help with swelling. He's on Percaset for pain and alternating that with Ibuprofen trying to get the swelling down in his leg and foot. The swelling does seem to be going down, thankfully - but the staples in his knee are really starting to hurt. We go in on Monday the 12th to see what the surgeon has to say about his progress. We were told not to remove the dressing. I did remove the ace wrap last nite and everything looks pretty good so far. He is beginning to take care of some work-related things. Phone and computer stuff. You know what they say, "you can't keep a good man down". I follow him from room to room with pillows and a basket of "essentials" Cell phone, medicine, etc. He has been mostly taking it easy, but that's getting old for him quick and he's wanting to accomplish something. We did hear from Home depot today and they are claiming that since Luke's accident wasn't their fault, there is no liability on their part. I think I will do a little bit more investigating because I find it hard to believe that a company that size wouldn't make sure that their customers were protected. So please pray in that regard if you will. The bills will be rolling in soon and we do have 90/10 coverage through our medical, but 10% of several thousands of dollars is still going to be rough on our family. Thanks in advance!!
Ring 2:
Me and my papiledema. I finally made it to the neurologist for a visit and what I DO know is that my problem is not brain related. Thankfully!! Also the cyst on the brain is not active, so that's good news. The neurologist did say that he wasn't sure, but thought he may have seen "Drusen" which is an eye condition that is deposits on the optic nerve discs. Apparently this condition and papiledema are closely related, so we're not really sure exactly what I have - which is why I'm going to the opthalmologist on Monday. I guess it's treatable which is encouraging. We are now trying to rule out pseudo tumor cerebri. The neurologist said that based on my symptoms he's not sure that I have that. (it's a condition that "acts" like a tumor but can be treated with medication or by decreasing the spinal fluid to relieve the pressure. (sigh) None of this sounds fun. First things first, I'm headed for the opthalmology appt. on Monday the 12th. (same day as Luke's check up visit... may as well have all the fun on the same day!) :) I'll keep ya posted. If this next appointment is not conclusive, they're talking about a spinal tap to which I am adamately opposed, but I guess you do whatever you gotta do. I'm just ready for this drama to be over. I really feel fine except for being exhausted from everything else that's going on.
Ring 3:
The house/the kids/and my business. This is the busiest time of year for Jinny Crickets with Christmas Sales rising. I normally love this, but it's been quite a challenge to get things done with all the commotion around the house, doctor appointments and kids' activities. This gets interesting at times. Everyone wonders what happened to all the washcloths or why they don't have clean socks when I realize that, "wow, I guess I need to do laundry". There's just too much going on. Tina is in the Junior class play which is tonite (Saturday). I'll be glad when that's done, since it's been about 6 extra trips to Ellis a week dropping off and picking up for play practice. Brandon is also doing Tae Kwon Do 2 days a week, which is good for him, but it's still a lot of driving. That's the disadvantage of living 10 miles one way from everything, we spend a lot of time in the car, not to mention gas money. Don't even get me started... gas here is now $3.05/gallon. UGH!! Makes me angry. Ciara does help me transport the other kids though sometimes, and that's a huge help. Saturday is our catch up day for getting house work done and laundry caught up. I'm so glad to have the kids here to lend a hand with that. I had to scurry this morning to get it all done since I need to head into Hays around 12:30 to represent the Jinny Crickets product line at my new retailer in Hays. It'll be fun, but I hate being away from home for 3 hours with Luke home and needing help. Some evenings as I'm getting ready for bed I realize that I never made it to work that day because there were just too many other things going on. Oh well. Right now I'm just focusing on the things that are screaming the loudest for my attention and that I know are most important and that's my husband and family. So please, if you're already praying, here's the need - FAST healing for Luke and energy and strength for the two of us to endure this time of healing - just that things would settle down a little bit here, as it can get a little tense at times, but we're doin' ok. We're not alone and we've got lots of family support. Thanks again for your prayers, that's really what helps the most. Love you all!! Jami
Birth Story
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment