
We are headed to Springview, Nebraska this weekend to visit Luke's folks. For those of you that don't know where this is... it's up near Valentine (about 5 1/2 hours from here). More specifically it's kind of in the middle of "nowhere". There is no Wal-mart anywhere close, so it takes some doing for the folks that live there to get things they need that they can't find locally. Luke's mom called and asked if I would pick her up a gallon of wall primer and mentioned that she is wanting to get a jump on her Christmas shopping, so she asked me to look for a specific Veggie Tales DVD. I said sure, no problem. I love Veggie Tales movies, they're well made, cute little kid movies that always share an awesome message about God. Adults love these movies too, they're great!
This morning I was running errands and picked up a few things at Wal-mart, so I'm walking up and down the video aisles searching for this cute kids video and I'm not finding it. I was beginning to think that Walmart didn't even sell these anymore. Finally I decided to ask for help.
I notice that the clerk is already helping someone, so I decided to stand by and wait patiently for my turn. I observed that the other customer didn't seem to be the brightest bulb in the box and he was looking for a "Friday the 13th" (horror) movie - he kept repeating "The one - Jason goes to hell, the one - Jason goes to hell" I'm like - ok... why would anyone wanna watch this movie, it's obviously gonna be sick and twisted. ICK! So the clerk tells him that they don't have the movie and the guy appears put out and disappointed. I was thinking to myself that it was no great loss and the fellow was actually lucky that they didn't have "Jason goes to hell". Then... I couldn't help but chuckle when the clerk turned to me with a "how can I help you" expression and I said with a smile, "I'm looking for the Veggie Tales movies". Talk about irony!It was classic.
Birth Story
14 years ago
1 comments:
So, did you find the Veggie Tales? I've seen them there. I was at Wal-Mart on my lunch today and noticed they have a big tree when you walk in the door on the grocery side. It's very festive now! I love it! Anyways, I got my saur krat, onion and bread dough for beirocks next week (I'm going to make as many as I can). I'll get the meat at Warren's Meat Market because I have $17 credit there still from a gift certificate. So, that will be fun. Then I picked up some cheese and turkey and went home and made a turkey sandwich. Oh and I got a breakfast bowl in case RJ wants to try it Saturday morning (so he has breakfast before they go hunting, unless him and Ray go somewhere to eat).
Post a Comment