Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Good Doctor's Report





Luke went in for his follow up visit on the 17th and the surgeon was very pleased with his progress. The X-rays showed some signs of healing, though you can still distinctly see the breaks and bone fragments. The doctor reassured us that the bones are healing from the inside out, and that he didn't expect to see more healing than he saw on the x-rays... he said Luke's right where he needs to be and is doing very well. He is now able to bear half his weight on that leg, which as you can imagine is very painful for him, but doc says this will help his leg heal faster. We are all about that! He also said because Luke is doing so well and has good range of motion in his foot that he would not require physical therapy later on. YAY!! We don't go back now until February. Seems like a long time to me, but I guess Dr. Ahad is confident that the bones are in alignment and healing as they're supposed to. If he's not worried, then we shouldn't be either right? He still has a huge amount of swelling in his foot and ankle, especially when he's had his foot down and not elevated for a couple of hours.

He continues to ice it and ask the kids for popcorn, water, coffee.... whatever he wants that he can't carry himself. ha ha. We dont' mind helping him out, but we told him not to get used to it, because when he gets rid of those crutches we're gonna have him getting things for us! :) Brandon shoveled the 13 inches of snow we had last week since Luke couldn't get out and do it. We were really proud of our strong young man handling the hard work for his dad. He's a good kid. My dad came over with his "bobcat" and moved the snow out of the driveways. So grateful for his help too through this time, him and mom come over regularly to check up on "the cripple" and ask what they can do to help. Thank God for family!! Don't know how we'd survive without all their help and the kids pitching in too around the house.

Well... that's it in a nutshell... Luke and I headed to Wichita yesterday so he could spend a day of meetings at the office while I finished Christmas shopping, then we went to his Company Christmas party at Abuelos mexican restaurant in the waterfront area. The photo above was taken at the party last nite. We had a nice time and it felt good to get out and do something fun.We're headed home after lunch today and then we've got to finish up some work for the week and we're both taking Christmas week off. We are really looking forward to that. Today is the last day of school before Christmas break for the kids. The girls had finals yesterday and today, so they're ready for BREAK!! We all are.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Brandon did a good job then. I started shoveling but the neighbor did most of it. RJ picked a good time to be out of town so he didn't have to shovel. I was so sore for a couple of days after. I'm glad you got to go to the Xmas party. I missed mine this year since I had no voice! Oh well. RJ's is not until Jan 14. I'm almost done Xmas shopping. Finished Joleen's today, ordered Ray's last night, just need to get my dad (which my sis is going to Harley Davidson today to find something). Then RJ I guess. Yay! Glad to hear Luke is doing good healing. That's nice! He's probably relieved too. Hopefully that rod doesn't give him "weather related" problems through the years like Raleen always talks about. I think that would get annoying!