BRR.... why is fall so short and winter in such a hurry to get here? I feel like the biggest wimp with the colder tempteratures. It's inevitable I guess, but even Tina noticed that fall is short in Kansas.
Well... it's been a month since Luke broke his leg, he's still not able to bear weight on it until about Christmas time - this is making him crazy. He's so ready to be able to get rid of the crutches! He's gettin' a bit of cabin fever also. We went to IHOP today with the family for a late breakfast, then he cruised around Wal-Mart on a motorized scooter through the store and looked at "guy stuff" with Brandon while the girls and I did some Christmas shopping. I think it was just good for him to have a change of scenery. We also stopped at the Mall and the kids had their picture taken with Santa. I know it sounds creepy, but it was fun. :) I'll post it here once I get it scanned into my computer. Apparently I'm not bright enough to operate my scanner.
It's been nice to have Luke working from home all this time, but now he is talking about heading to Wichita in a couple of weeks to do employee reviews. This has me feeling just a bit nervous - I'm trying to picture him navigating himself into a hotel room on his crutches with a suitcase, briefcase and whatever else he needs. There's also the issue of the small amount of leg room in his truck - I can't imagine him having his leg down and cramped for 3 hours on the trip... he's hurting here after not having it propped up for an hour or 2. I guess I have to let him go sometime, but I don't have to feel good about it right?
The kids and I are fine, I'm busy with Christmas orders and the kids are just countin' down the days 'til Christmas break. I'm ready for it too - I'm just weary. Ok, more later and I'll post some photos too.
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
I know what you mean. I love fall and it always goes so fast! ~Aub
Wow. So I think we might want to talk about hanging out. Hello. Same state and all. Fall. Ball. Whatever. Cold doesn't bother me. What bothers me is being so close to you, and not seeing you. I miss my friend. Love you.
Post a Comment