Not sure why, but I've just been feelin' kinda bummed out lately. Maybe it's because I've been diggin' through Ciara's baby pictures, talking about college, filling out financial aid paperwork and helping Ciara apply for tons of scholarships. :( It's a bit overwhelming. Just the list of "to do's" . I feel that I'm truly embracing the new season of life our family is entering into... so why do I feel so sad about it? She's my first born and in just a few short months she will be old enough to go out into the world on her own... and my baby boy is shaving... UGH!! Ok... so in my head I accept it - but in my heart... there could be a bit of a struggle. I think it's hitting me because the months and years have passed by so quickly that I fear in a snap my kids will be gone. I realize this is the natural progression of things... I also realize now how my "older" friends were feeling when they were watching their kids graduate and move out of the nest. One never truly comprehends it until they are going through it themself. I have 1 more year with Ciara as she has agreed to live at home for her freshman year at FHSU. I'm so thankful for that!! I think it will make me feel better about sending her out when her dad and I have had this time to train her to live independently and handle finances.
I think it doesn't help that the weather has been so icky. We've had a few nice days... but generally it's been cold and windy. I'm just ready for some fresh air and sunshine. I was discussing my blahs with honeyman last night before bed and he said that February is the month most people get depressed because they're experiencing cabin fever. Hmm... makes sense to me.
Anyway... please pray for me... for my heart - that I'll be able to let go and cope with my babies bein' all grown up. :) I love 'em so much. "To everything there is a season"... I know I will enjoy having that time with Luke too, once they move out - but for now my heart is in transition. Just need a little help with that. :)
Birth Story
14 years ago
5 comments:
Jami...I already feel sad when I think about my kids growing up. :) I'm praying for you..
I love you friend and I'm sorry for these emotions that you are dealing with. Believe me, I've had some of those too. :( But, I do think we'll feel much better come spring! There's just something about sunshine that heals...don't you think?
I'll pray for you this morning and hope that you are doing better. God still has a plan for your life - even when it feels as though it's not all that fruitful - go read my blog and you'll see that I've had to work at it too lately.
Love,
Lynnette
Hi Jami! I mentioned you blog in my post today about blogs I love, if you have time to check it out!
Kristin
I always always always pray for you and your family. Always!!!
Post a Comment