My crazy kiddos during a "photo shoot" I did of them on one of the last nice days. I get so many great pix, but they always have to do something weird. :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
To my surprise, people have noticed that I haven't blogged in a while! :) I hadn't been very faithful about new posts and just wasn't sure anyone was visiting. When I last posted the weather outside was beautiful and I didn't wanna commit to keeping up with a blog (indoors) when I could be out enjoying the sunshine! Well, I sure wish I had bottled summa those rays, cuz I could use them now for sure! I can't be certain... but I don't think that I've ever been this cold in my life - EVER. BRR... -16 today with the windchill. I had to go and put the trash out by the road for pickup today and then decided to move a little snow while I was out there. Snow Cardio - gotta love it, it excused me from my date with Richard Simmons and sweatin' to the 80's! ha ha. I am very excited that we've begun rural trash service, since Luke is on the road so much and it's rarely NOT windy... allowing for trash burning. The only thing is, the company hasn't brought the cart yet, so I've been having to haul multiple trashcans out there. Not fun, especially on a day like today.
The Holidays ~ We had a wonderful Christmas and enjoyed having Luke home for 2 weeks... even if he DID work some on his "vacation". Was just good to have him around. He has been super super busy, and a little stressed too - but that seems to be easing up some as a couple of new hires have come in to take a bit of the work load off of him. I'm so glad, because I honestly don't know how this man can do what he does. He is amazing!! I swear to you, he does the job of 3 people. I pray that his company will soon compensate him justly. Over break we did some bowling in the basement! We finally broke down and got a Wii and have really had some good family fun with it. that is some unbelievably amazing technology.
College girl ~ Big changes comin' for our family. Ciara is moving out on Jan. 11th. She'll be moving to the dorms on the FHSU campus. Even though her momma will miss her terribly... she's more than ready to be on her own and it will be so much more convenient for her as she has a job on campus as well as classes. Prior to Christmas break, she was hired as a copy editor for the campus newspaper so she is pretty excited about that opportunity. We've raised a smart girl, perfectly capable of going into the world and making her own way. I'm sure I'll worry about her some, but knowing she is only about 8 miles away does ease the pain just a bit. I'm also glad that she will be coming "home" to do laundry and to visit and such, so I think I'll make it. :) So far Ciara is a very good college student, she finished first semester on the dean's honor roll with a 4.0 GPA. So proud of that young woman!
Our manchild ~ Brandon has really enjoyed the much needed break off from school. Seems like Sophomore year is a tough one. He grumbled for 3 days before it was time to go back to school after Christmas break about how he wishes he didn't have to go back. Hopefully the next 2 years will pass by quickly for his sake (and for my sanity) - he just really doesn't love school. Maybe being involved in more activities will help - he was one of the captains of the scholar's bowl team and now tonite is the forensics kickoff so he is pretty excited about that. Forensics is like drama competition - you can do duets, solos, improv acting, speeches, etc. He is very dramatic, so as you might imagine, this is kind of his "thing" He and Ciara went to state as partners last year in improvised duet acting and they had a blast. He plans to be perform in humorous solo this year and not sure what else he'll conjur up. :) He turns 16 in early April... then let the REAL fun begin. *sigh* On the up side - I won't have to chauffer him to school activities that he's not supposed to be driving himself to on a school/work permit.
Moi ~ I'm still working at the Hospital and Outpatient Clinic and enjoying it. Low stress jobs are the best!! I do sometimes miss the excitement of running my own business, but I don't miss the responsibility and the stress. Plus - the new owner is doing a fabulous job, so I know the business is in good hands. :) Personally, I'd love to stay home all day and sew quilts and do scrapbooking and photography (I'm getting a new camera soon, yay!!!) and whatever else tickles my fancy for that day - but oddly, that doesn't help pay the bills! Outside of work I've just been keeping the house in order and spending time with my girl before she leaves me. I have a 6 foot stack of stuff that we'll move on monday by the front door in the living room, a constant reminder that the day is soon approaching. She's been cleaning out drawers, closets and the like in preparation for the move. It's been good because I've cleaned some things too and will be taking over her bathroom when she's gone. This is one thing that makes me pretty happy. As much as I love my husband... sharing a very small bathroom with him is not one of my favorite things. I'm hoping to make a few upgrades in there, but not sure if that'll come before, after or alongside the new shower that needs to go in the master bath. So for now 3 of us are sharing the main bath. Fun times.
Pound Plunge ~ This year I'm on a pound plunge team. This is a program through the hospital to get people healthy by dropping excess pounds. I'm pretty excited, because I've already been started doing the healthy eating thing and have lost close to 10 pounds. I have 13 more to go to reach my first goal. Luke has lost about 25# over the last few months and Ciara has lost 22# since graduation. She had a lot less to lose than me, but looks great! Changing the way we eat and how much we eat has made a big difference - I'm really happy that we've gotten on this path. I'm following the Mayo Clinic Healthy eating pyramid and I find it fairly easy to stick with, so wish me luck!
Latest Obsession ~ "UGLY BETTY" - Ciara and I LOVE LOVE LOVE this show. (so does Brandon, he'll just deny it if you ask him!) ;) We just finished season 3 on DVD and can't wait to get started watching season 4 online. This show makes me laugh and cry - every episode, so you know it's good. :) America Ferrara is an amazing actress, really the whole cast is top notch.
Well, I need to get ready for my short shift at the hospital and I'd like to visit a friend's mother that's inpatient before I clock in, so I best get scooting here. But I look forward to catching up with all of you... I've missed my bloggy friends and family - so drop in and say Hi. :)
Peace out!
Jami Mania
3 comments:
:)...I'm reading. :)
Wow, you guys are shedding the poundage! Congrats! Glad you're liking your job...excited for Ciara to move into the dorms...hoping Brandon can enjoy the last years of high school (bleck), and praying for Luke to get a good rest every once in awhile.
Can't wait for you to get your new camera!
I am going to try and get caught up on blogs this year and keep caught up. I haven't posted on mine since October! I think mine is going to turn into a recipe blog mostly. I can't believe you guys are losing that much weight! That's great! Good luck with the Pound Plunge! It should be fun!
What a great resource!
Post a Comment