Brandon and I got back from our little road trip on Thursday evening... we had a great time! What a fun kid he is! Crazy like his Dad and sister. ha ha. We started off Wednesday morning and headed straight to Rolling Hills Zoo in Salina. After having been to the Henry Doorly Zoo in Omaha earlier this summer, we were a bit disappointed in Rolling Hills... but we still managed to have some fun, I mean how many people have ever gotten to witness a leopard vomitting?! Seriously, that was a first for me. :) It was really pretty hot, I'd say in the upper 80's/low 90's - cuz we got there a little before 11 a.m. - the animals in the outside cages were so hot, they pretty much just laid there. The prairie dogs were the cutest things ever - we bought some food out of the machine and Brandon tossed it out, the one little guy picked up the food and ate it with both hands, he lookd like he was praying and it was adorable! I wanted to bring him home. *smile* After that we went and ate at Red Lobster, where Brandon picked his own lobster out of the tank. It was pretty cool. I LOVE LOBSTER!!!! Then we went to Wal-mart and Target to look for a comforter for Tina's bed (our new German daughter- she will arrive on the 19th) We picked up a few things then went to our hotel. Luke gets points for frequent stays so we had a free night in a suite that opened up to the pool. Brandon loved it! He soaked in the hot tub and swam a bunch. We played ping pong in the courtyard and then we went and watched a movie, swung through McDonalads, then came back to the room and read books till bed time. It was a really good day.
Thursday we planned on riding go-carts, but apparently the place is hurtin' for cash, because they are closed Monday through Thursday. What a bummer! We had to compensate for that disappointment so we went to the mall and sat in massage chairs, bought some jeans for school and tried on masks at Earthbound Trading Company - a really awesome store that has trinkets from around the world. We had lunch there, then drove on about 30 minutes to get to the Russell Stover's Chocolate factory. OH MY GOODNESS!!!!! When we walked in the door, our noses were filled with the awesome, intoxicating aroma of cocoa. YUMMY! We bought a bunch of chocolates and got our picture taken with the bear out front. We really had a super time and it was just good for Mom and son to have some time together. Brandon is getting huge and turning into a man in a hurry. I'm thankful we had the opportunity to enjoy one another and act crazy before school starts on the 21st. Hope you enjoy the wacky pictures!
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
I was just waiting for a pic of Tina come get some ham to comment. no,no,no...I wasn't holding out on you. Seriously...you can't keep me away. Seriously. I am a blogaholic...I just needed some material, and that was just too funny, so I was waiting for a post on her.
I wish I was your son or a mouse in your pocket so I could have fun too. The picture of the mask on you is too funny. I could be mean and say what an improvement...but I won't. Can't wait for a pic of Tina. We can't wait to meet her also, I assume we will...won't we.
Post a Comment