Wednesday, August 8, 2007

Mother/Son Getaway & a German Girl Named Tina!



So the summer has flown by... and I feel like I haven't really gotten to spend any quality time with Brandon. Ciara and I work together, we chat while she gets ready, etc. but Brandon has taken a few road trips with Luke and he and I haven't done much of anything. So... we're taking a little mother son trip today and we're pretty excited about it. We're going to the Rolling Hills Zoo in Salina. We'll have lunch and hang around for the day then stay the nite at a nice Quality Inn there with an indoor pool and jacuzzi, ping pong tables etc. At some point we're going to ride go-karts, probably play video games, maybe go to an Art museum and then his most exciting thing that he decided to do... is trek over to Abilene and go to the Russell Stover's factory and buy chocolates. He's a kid after my own heart. I need chocolates like a hole in the head, but hey! The point is we're really looking forward to our time away. Will post the results of the trip and maybe a few pix)

We decided to cut the trip short because we need to get home and make some preparations, for our new child.

Yes... we have agreed to host a German foreign exchange student for the school year. :) I know you're thinking... what??!! We are pretty jazzed about it, and her name is Tina. She is Ciara's age so they will have classes together. Ciara's just thrilled because she's always wanted a sister. Tina sounds like a really neat girl. We will get our visit Friday nite from the people in charge of the program for our area. If they don't think we're too wacky then I guess we get approved. :) She will fly into Chicago Saturday for her exchange student briefing, then she'll fly into Wichita and she will come to us as early as Monday or Tuesday. WHEW!! We need to change some furniture around to make accomodations for her, but we don't mind - we're just really excited. I will keep you posted and you know that you'll be seeing some pictures and stuff soon. YAY! Aren't the Hespe's adventurous?! :)

1 comments:

Mkellynotes said...

I happened upon your blog.

I hope you were approved and your exchange student arrived from Germany.

We are also hosts of a German foreign exchange student named Laura.