I really think that's what our puppy thinks her name is... "Shoogie No No" because that's what she hears all the time when she's getting into something she's not suppose to. She is a pretty good little puppy, but like all puppies, she is a chewer and an explorer. You can see from the photos that she's a great help with the laundry and has a special fondness for (uh hem) underwear. Geesh, what a little creep. We have to keep the door closed on laundry day so she can't get into laundry waiting to be put in, but she loves it when those fresh baskets come out so she can snoop and see what kind of "goodies" are in there. She also likes socks and pulls them through the holes of the laundry basket when they're not reachable so that she can play with them. ha ha. It's actually pretty cute. She does lots of cute stuff, really and we are amused with her about a hundred times a day. We are annoyed with her about only 4 or 5 times a day so I guess that's pretty good statistics. *smile* Not so cute was when she chewed through the power cord for Luke's computer. (UGH - he wasn't too impressed) - but you have to watch her at all times and if you can't commit to that, then she has to stay in the exercise pen. She can be a handful, a fluffy, sweet, little handful.
The potty training is going well, though some days I think we're the ones that are trained - we have to be sure to take her out when she may have to go. But I was impressed the other day, she sat at the front door and looked at me, then looked outside, then looked at me like "are you gonna take me out or what?!" I took her out and she did need to go, so I was a proud momma. She really is a blessing to our family and we adore her, though I don't know what we'll do with her on vacation unless we find a cabin in Estes Park that will let us bring her along. My cousin said that she'd keep her, but she's in China. Go figure! :)
She is going through her adolescent stage and losing a lot of her puppy hair and trading it for lighter, thick, adult hair. She looks kinda funny, but her face is still really soft and fluffy. Seems like she will need to grow into her legs, but I hope she won't grow TOO much more as she is already 5 pounds which is the weight the breeder said she'd likely be full grown. She will have her first groom on July 3rd and will need to have her "no babies for me" surgery sometime in July as well since she will then be 5 months old and we don't want to deal with all that comes with a "coming of age" girl puppy.
So that's the latest on Shoogie No No, Shoogs, Shooger Booger, Shooger Baby, Shooger Bear, Baby, Precious... the list goes on of her names. Rarely is she called Sugar, but that's the name she was given. I guess when you have a lot of nick names that is an indicator of love? We love our little Yorkie Poo.
Birth Story
14 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment