Luke swears that there is some kind of monster bug trying to eat him while we sleep. Funny thing is... I don't produce any bites over night and I sleep in the same bed. He is covered with red, itchy bites (that I'm positive are skeeter produced) We can't seem to agree on this subject, however. Coincidentally - his bites always appear the morning after he's been doing things outside the day or evening before. Last night he began mowing at 9 p.m. and finished by mower light in the dark. Now I think that he was bit outside and they welted overnight, but either way - they are itchy and driving him insane!! I have only one or two but will still commiserate with my precious honey man. Brandon has one on his ankle that's swelled up about the size of a nickel. UGH!
I read an article online that said if you clean the bite with alcohol and put a piece of scotch tape on it that it will draw the "skeeter stuff" out and minimize itching in a matter of minutes. I thought that was pretty cool... dozens of people had posted stating that after reading the article they tried it (out of desperation) and it actually worked, so I will keep that in mind for the next nasty bite I get. I also read that real lemon juice is supposed to be effective.
So.... what do YOU know about skeeter bites and how to treat them? I'd love to share ideas on the subject, what with this being skeeter "season" and all!
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
Yeah, we don't really have skeeters here...but what we do have are monster ticks that are making my brain crazy. In my bed even because Dan now thinks it a good idea to let the dumb dogs in on it. Grrrr. Help. When you make a plan, send it on over.
I hate Skeeters. You should try some stuff called "Skeeter Spritz". It's made by Jinny Crickets and it's good stuff! =)
Post a Comment