Isn't my puppy so cuuuuuute??!! Ok, sorry... but I just love the little doll face. She recently had her "ain't gonna have no babies" surgery and did pretty good. It was sad to see her the first few days just laying around and wanting to be held and sleep. But she's pretty much healed up now and back to her normal busy self, so I'm glad that's all over. I realize that some people probably think it's ridiculous to put clothes on a dog - but it's just so fun and she looks adorable. Anyway, the photo above is one that I took of Shoogie when I was taking photos for my fun,new lotion labels that I'll have printed soon. This was for Homespun Cotton - I ended up not using it, so I posted it cuz I just thought it was so cute. Shoogs is doing really good with her training and she recently began an obedience class "K-9 College". The first nite I discovered that she was the WAY smallest dog there (by about 30 or 40 pounds at least)next to a German Shepard, Black Lab and a barking beagle. UGH. The other owners joked about Sugar being the "snack" for the class. :( I didn't think it was all that funny... but anyway, she did learn to walk on a leash next to me instead of trying to drag me. We missed class last nite due to my nasty sinus and allergy issues I've been dealing with the last few days - but we'll go next week, hopefully.
Things have been exciting around here... Tina has gone home, we vacationed in Colorado, my dad had cancer removed from his bladder, we went to Nebrasks for the first ever Hespe brothers reunion, Ciara turned 17, the kids went to youth camp, Summer flew by and school starts tomorrow. Woo Hoo! I'll have a freshman and a senior this year. I hope it's a good school year for both kids, for Ciara cuz she's a senior and for Brandon cuz Jr. High was pretty rough for him. He gets along well with the upper classmen... better than his own classmates actually - so I think that's a good thing. Ciara has been tutoring a 3rd grader in math and really enjoying that, she also began taking violin lessons and is loving it!She's improving everyday and even began playing some fiddle music. Cool. Brandon has gotten HUGE over the summer and traded in his size 12 shoes for a 13 now. I'm kinda worried that if his feet don't quit growing we won't find shoes for him in Hays. He's worked hard at DQ all summer and has about $700 saved up for a down payment on a car. Tomorrow is his first day as a high schooler, but his last day as a DQ employee. He won't be working during the school year as business slows down considerably and they don't have enough hours for everyone - it's really ok though, because I think adjusting to high school will be hard enough without worrying about a work schedule, at least for his first year. He also won't be playing drums in band this year, for the first time in 4 years because he couldn't make it work with his class schedule. I'm going to try to get him some lessons since he can't be in band, but I hope that he won't lose the desire to be in marching band since he has to sit out a year. Both kids will be in choir and are hoping to make "Railairres" which is the swing choir. Brandon's been in Jr. High swing choir both years, so he should have a good chance and Ciara has a really great voice, so I think she'll make it too. I'm excited to see what the school year brings.
Business is really hoppin' for me and I'm getting ready to put the full product line at a new location in Hays. I'm really excited about that, because it'll be really convenient for my customers to just stop in there and pick up their favorite things. Luke is still traveling a couple days a week and works out of an office in Kansas City now, so rarely travels to Wichita anymore. It all works out about the same, but the time on the road gets old.
Well... I guess that's it for this time. I need to finish up here so I can fold another load of clothes and get the athletic shorts drying so they're ready to send to school for P.E. tomorrow. Let the rat race begin! :)
Birth Story
14 years ago
4 comments:
Hey glad to see you blogging again. I know how you feel, it has been really busy here also. Take care.
How are you all settling into the new school schedule, etc.? Morgan starts Monday, so we'll have some adjusting to do then. The beginning of the school year is sort of fun, I think. Am I a nerd??
Well, you know. When I was a senior my sister Alisha was a Sophomore and Amanda was a Freshman and mom survived! Good to hear that Brandon and Ciara like school so far. It's new and something different so soon they will be wishing it was over again. I know that's how I was always. I loved starting school again but by January when we went back I couldn't wait for May. Can't wait to see the display at the new store. I haven't been in there for ages so I'll have to go by sometime after she gets your stuff. Better get going. Gin, Jessie and Kelci are coming over sometime to see the house and I want to go to JCPenny's so I need to get done, get the JCP and come home to clean.
I think the beginning of school is fun too! I love that it means the weather will cool off soon and I am addicted to office supplies, so I'm particularly fond of shopping for school stuff. Not nerdy at all... well... at least if it's nerdy, we're nerd sisters! ;) ha ha.
Post a Comment