Friday, September 5, 2008

GERMS... Yuck!


Germs... I'm probably spreading them all over my keyboard as we speak. YUCK! I'm so tired of all the kleenexes, and sneezing and perscriptions and... and... and. It's just not fun. This summer I had cold and allergy stuff, finally got over it and then Ciara started it, she got over it then Luke started it, then Brandon got it... then I got it again... then I was fine for about a month and I have it again! Geesh. I'm just tired of feeling crummy and sitting with kleenexes shoved up my nose. Hard to function like that. The last one I had was completely miserable. I almost couldn't see straight and my head weighed a hundred pounds. I felt like I was getting sinus infection - but it never really developed. I can't even really tell when it's a cold and when it's allergy stuff. I pretty much read all the boxes in my cabinet (makeshift drug store) and see which OTC drug will cover my symptoms. The schools are seeing lots of kids home with cold and flu stuff already too which is a month or 2 earlier than usual. School just started here on August 19th, so that's not a good thing that we're already into the sickness stuff.

I make fun of Luke sometimes because he is OBSESSED with Germ-X... but it's probably smart to do that. It's surpising to see the number of people that go into a public restroom and come out without washing, it's equally disgusting that I've lots of times watched people blow their noses then pick up food or do other equally gross things like touch stuff that will be used by others. I love that there are anti-bacterial wipes by the shopping carts now at the store. That should help cut down on the spreading of germs for sure. I wish the school would have germ-x sitting out for kids, then whn they throw a kleenex in the trash they could get a squirt and wipe out germs before they infect someone else. And... it's amazing how many kids actually go to school sick. I think just leaving your house makes you suseptible, but we can't just not ever go anywhere. (achoo! achoo! achoo!) - excuse me! Can't sneeze just once! So anyhoo... there are germs in our house, guess I'll go find me some Lysol and take care of business. (oh, and wash my hands!) Stay well. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, it is nice that they have those wipes. But, I bet you only about 5% of people use them. I don't know though. I know the only person I've seen use them is my cousin, she grabs a couple everytime she walks in the store and she also has a fabric seat cover thing that wraps around the handle bar so if Avery or Abi decide to chew on it, it's fabric. But honestly I've never really seen anyone use them.

Lianne said...

The pastor at the church we attended last week did a lot of nose-rubbing with his right hand...and then after the service he shook both of our hands... :)

mjoseph said...

It's time for a preemptive strike against your ailments... I suggest large doses of antibiotics 24/7/365... sorry the bugs and germs find your family so attractive :(