Drained. That's how I feel after a week of homecoming festivities. You can tell I haven't had much time lately... it's been about 10 days since I even had a few minutes to sit down and blog! It began the weekend before with impromptu float building supervision. I went to drop Brandon off at the freshmen float and discovered there weren't enough parent volunteers. Well, you know how that goes... I wound up making a special trip to Hays for spray paint and helping them build the float saturday and sunday. It looked pretty good and they got 3rd place, beating out the Juniors - so I guess they did a decent job. The theme this year was "Rockin' the reservation". They played the Hoxie Indians. [that's why you'll see Brandon in indian garb in the slideshow :)]They dressed up all week for spirit week. It was sorta fun. Here's what they did: (Slideshow to follow)
Monday: Hawaiian Day
Tuesday: Disney Character Day
Wednesday: College Team Day
Thursday: Fake an Injury Day
Friday: Orange & Black Day
The kids had a good time dressing up and both had dates for the dance and according to the pictures their friends are posting on facebook... had a great time. :) Even though it was fun, I have to say I'm glad it's over. I'm exhausted! My work has been insane lately, but I won't complain since being busy is always better than not having any work - since no work = no moolah. ha ha. So the slide show you see is full of pix of the kids enjoying homecoming week. Hope you'll be amused, I know I was! ;)
P.S. Brandon's date was picked up after the photos were taken at Ciara's friend's house, so unfortunately we don't have any of her. I guess I better get used to that with Brandon since he's the one picking up dates now instead of being picked up... I'll probably never have pictures of him with a date unless they're taken by the school. :(
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
I think "indian" is a pejorative term and someone as sensitive to racial issues as you should refrain from using it. :-P The forward-thinking people of Springview have scalped, drug behind a horse, and buried in sand up to its neck their formerly-racist mascot and all the negative connotations that go with "indians".
HaHa! :) I thought about that when I heard we were playing the Hoxie Indians, I was surprised they weren't the "redmen" or the "native americans" or some other politically correct name. ha ha. What is Braxtyn's team? Something exciting like Railers? ;)
Post a Comment