Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ding Dong Ditcher!

The UPS man!! Yeah, you didn't see that one comin' did ya? :) It's true, my UPS guy ding dong ditches me when he delivers my soap supplies! The door bell rings, 5-10 seconds later I open the door and no one is there... I look out and see the UPS guy's back side as he climbs back into his truck. On a good day he yells, "thank you." Are you kidding? Since when are UPS guys ding dong ditchers? When we first moved to Hays, our UPS guy, Terry, was awesome. It probably helped that he knows my uncle, who is his co-worker, but I think this guy is just genuinely friendly. The way he delivered my boxes was much different than the new guy. Terry would pull in the drive, hop out, give Trixie a milk bone, ring the doorbell, greet me with a smile and either hand the box to me personally or ask me where I'd like him to set them down. He was always in a hurry, but always had time to make sure he was friendly and did his job to the customer's satisfaction. I really miss him!

Yesterday I received my order from one of my packaging suppliers. It was a somewhat huge order of jars. I was working in the soap shop when the doorbell rang, but I assumed with the kids upstairs they'd take care of it. When I came up into the living room I saw the box. It was about 4 cubic feet - enormous AND heavy. I said, "Oh, my jars are here" and Ciara's reply was, "yeah, and he left this box on the porch, rang the doorbell and was back in his truck by the time I got to the door which was like a few seconds after he rang the bell... I had to carry this big box in myself." Geesh. What a change. I know those guys are on a tight schedule and work long hours, but I have to say I definitely preferred the service I got from the previous guy. I'm pretty sure that my 2 uncles that work for UPS aren't ding dong ditchers, but my UPS guy is! Maybe one day I'll see him coming and stand in the door so he can't ding dong or ditch.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your moms a ding dong ditcher.