About half an hour ago we watched the ball drop in Time Square in New York to ring in 2009. (neat lookin' isn't it?) Surprisingly I still have the ability to stay awake until midnight to witness it. ha ha. I'm remembering last year's New Year - Luke and I were so excited that on New Year's eve he had begun to walk with a cane rather than the crutches he had been using after breaking his leg. May seem silly to some, but to us it's a huge deal. As we say hello to 2009, we are grateful. He is walking upright and on his own, with nary a limp. The surgeon has released him and says "resume full activity". I guess he took that to heart because he drug a decent sized doe by himself when he went deer hunting a few weekends ago. :)
2008 was a busy year, and a year full of not-so-great surprises that help us to appreciate the beginning of a new year. Besides Luke's double broken leg... you may remember I had a scare with a bad report from the eye doctor - he thought I had papiledema which can be a symptom of many things, including a brain tumor. I underwent extensive testing including MRI's (see previous posts to read more). I eventually found out that the condition I actually have is optic nerve drusen which means that I have protein deposits on my optic nerve and my peripheral vision isn't as good as someone without the condition. I don't even notice that I have the condition, so all is well. GOD IS GOOD! This fall, my dad had some problems and went to the doctor to find out that he had bladder cancer. He had surgery and they removed the cancer and treated the bladder with chemo in recovery. To date he is cancer free! My mom had surgery on her wrist and is fully recovered... 2009 will surely be less eventful and we are filled with hope.
Looking ahead, Ciara will be graduating on Saturday, May 16th. *sigh* Can you believe it?! Mark your calendar, because we'd love to have you join the celebration!!
Well, precious daughter should be home any minute from a little party at her friend's house, and my eyelids are very heavy. Here's wishing you a blessed and prosperous 2009!!
Much Love...
Jami
Birth Story
14 years ago
2 comments:
Happy New Year Jami! Thanks for the soaps and accessories you sold me. The soap is wonderful - we're going on our second bar (and I gave the rest away for gifts). More in the making??? :)
I hope this year is less "eventful" for your family. I think 2008 was one of our least eventful years - for which I'm truly grateful.
We sat around on New Years Eve and wrote down all the events we could think of for 2008 and they were all so pleasant...restored health for Jared, vacation, my book getting published, etc.
There are always those years where we are called to praise God in difficult circumstances and those years are often remembered with spiritual gain and sweet closeness to the Lord.
I'm so glad your eyes are better, Luke's leg is better, your parents are doing well...
Have a blessed and wonderful 2009 friend.
Love,
Lynnette
PS Come over on Wednesday and join me for the new "Wednesday's Walk Down Memory Lane". Tell your blogging friends about it too, okay? :)
Laura (Jami)... I have a man cold and need your immediate attention. Rub my head, and feet please. Fetch me a bit of 7-UP, maybe something for the exruciating pain?
Post a Comment