Wednesday, January 21, 2009

More Hair!


Yes, it's another hair story. But this time it doesn't really involve me except for the laughs that followed. It will be short and sweet because, well... the story is "short and sweet".

"My Mom Cuts It"
I've always cut my son, Brandon's hair from early on. We tried the salon (or beauty shop as we called it, back in the early 90's) - but it didn't go too well. Let's just say, my little darling freaked out. I think he was probably close to 2 when we made this attempt. So, being the genius I am, I decided to do the haircuts in front of the tv so he could watch a favorite movie and keep his mind off of it and I could just get the job done! It worked really well actually, I just sat him on an old, vinyl table cloth and then just gave it a shake outside when I was done.
Those of you that know my husband know that he began thinning in his mid-20's leaving a couple of "hair challenged areas" in the back and even though he doesn't like it, he will tell anyone who inquires about it that "the front part of his hair (bangs) have separated off the peninsula and formed their own island." ha ha. At least he has a great attitude, right? :) When these sorts of things start to happen to a fella, it's hard to deal with, but what are ya gonna do... get hair in a can or wear a wig? I actually think he's still quite handsome regardless of the hair situation.
Well... one Sunday at church, when Brandon was about 5 years old, he went into his Sunday School class sporting a new haircut. Miss Michele noticed. Here's how it went down, it still makes me laugh.

Miss Michele: Did ya get a new haircut Brandon?

Brandon: Yeaaah, my mom cut it cuz the lady that cuts dad's hair gives him bald spots.

Ahh... the mind of a child. What a riot, he thought the stylist was creating the bald spots for his Dad. ha ha. As you might imagine, this commentary has been stirring up laughs every time someone remembers it and shares it. I'm pretty sure that's one story I won't forget, even into old age. :)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

I've heard that story before and it IS FUNNY! Oh the things kids say (and think!!) ha ha ha!

I love these "hair" memories. :)

Have a great day Jami!
Lynnette

Julie said...

That's hilarious!! My husband shaves his head b/c of all his bald areas and all the guys on both sides of the family are "balding" [I say that nicely :)] So it should be interesting to hear what the boys say as they get older!

Lucy Mills said...

love it!

Abigail Kraft said...

lol. Yeah, I remember hearing that story at some point too...that is too hilarious! ^_^ Kids are so awesome--they always think of the funniest things to say at the most opportune times. I wish I was that quick witted. heehee. :D

Lilyofthevalley - Tanya said...

That is so funny!! I love the things children can come up with! :)

Kristin said...

That is too, too funny! I just absolutely love how kids' minds work!

L said...

Made me laugh!!

lynette x

Anonymous said...

I love your family. I don't know why I've never heard that before.

Kimberly Pitman said...

Very cute! One never knows what will come out of the mouth of a child. Or how they manage to miss the whole cause-and-effect thing. :)