Friday, May 2, 2008

Our Daughter is a GENIUS!


Ok... I am so proud of this girl. I talked to the school counselor at Ellis High School this morning because Ciara is taking some college courses next year (her senior year). While on the phone he told me that he thought Ciara's ACT results were in. She scored a 29!! Holy cow. I don't know how the heck she got so smart, but I am just really stunned. He said that the national average is 21.5 and that the average of EHS students is 22. The best score you can get is 36. The best news yet is that with an ACT score that high, she automatically qualifies for admission AND a scholarship to Fort Hays State worth approximately $4,800. WOO HOO! Our Ciara is a smart little cookie... just wanted to share the joy!

3 comments:

Marci M. said...

Yahoo! God is good!! Way to go, Ciara! I remember when I took my ACT, I had a non-stop runny nose cold! I think I went through a box of kleenexes just during that test. Feel bad for whoever had to grade it!! hahaha! Congratulations! Keep up the good work. Don't stop now.

Anonymous said...

Jami! Yay. Dang. I am so proud of her! Are you so stoked? That is huge. For reals. That is amazing for all of you. -Kristi

Anonymous said...

Go Ciara! That's awesome! I have no idea what I got on mine but I did get like a $1000 scholarship maybe, not much but hey, I'll take it! That's the only scholarship I got for 4 1/2 years of school. Yuck! The rest were loans...double yuck! Good to hear Luke is doing well, hopefully it only gets better for him!