Monday, May 12, 2008

Too bad the wind never blows in Kansas....



Note hint of sarcasm. :) 81 degrees and 27 mph winds today. YUCK. It seems like we've only had a few calm days in the last month, which stinks... because the kids have been running track and playin softball in this delightful weather. Ciara is at Regional softball today in Mullinville, Ks. I don't even know where that is, but I know that she is ready for it to be over so she can be done with hard practices. I'll be glad when it's done too, because that means my gas bill to Ellis will be cut in half since I won't have to drive in and pick up Tina anymore, they'll all ride home together. Gas is $3.60/gallon here. OUCH!! I worry about the expense of the trips we have planned.

Back to the wind.... poor Sugar, the little doll nearly blows over when I take her outside to do her business. She weighs just under 4 pounds and literally, the wind blew her sideways when I took her out. You can see from the photos what nearly 30 mph winds look like. Our furniture always blows over on the front deck too, even the heavy metal framed glider swing. UGH! I'm just ready for some nice, spring weather before the hot summer sets in. How about you??

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wind turbines, large ones, set up all over your property= the solution to your woes...

Jamimania said...

ha ha. I actually think wind turbines are cool. I took lots of pix of them on my way home from a little road trip to Salina this summer. Those things are huge. Maybe I should look into lining up a couple for our back acre. ;)