Tuesday, October 14, 2008

"The Weary"

You've probably heard the expression, "No rest for the weary." I'm weary today... my kids are home from school sick with nasty colds, my husband is in Pennsylvania for the week... my house is a mess... I'm behind in my work... I need to make the second of 3 trips to town this week in my gas guzzling SUV - I'm weary. I could use a little renewal and strength, not sure how it's gonna happen except by the grace of God ~ so I'm grateful that I always have a place to go for encouragement. He is so faithful!


"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.
Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
Matthew 11:28-30



"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:29-31



THANK YOU LORD!!

2 comments:

Lianne said...

Oh, I'm sorry you have some sick kiddos and no husband. How's Shoogie doing? :) You're in my thoughts and prayers.

Jamimania said...

Thanks Lianne! Prayers are always appreciated. :) Shoogie's fantastic inspite of her bug eating tendencies. ha ha I think the kids will go back to school tomorrow, seems like the sore throat thing is wearing down. YAY! Thanks for caring. ((hug)) How are you guys??