Saturday, October 25, 2008

Time Flies

Time really does fly. Seems like I just barely get a perscription filled and 3 months have flewn by and it's time to call in my next-rx order again. And what about school? Didn't the kids JUST get started? They've already been back to school for about 2 and a half months! The thing that really got me this last week is how long our German student has been gone. The other day Brandon was in the kitchen getting some breakfast and was wearing a sweatshirt he'd pulled out of the drawer that apparently hadn't been washed prior to packing it away for the winter. I saw him reach over to his arm and grab a blonde hair that was about 14-18" long. As you know... nobody in our house has long blonde hair, so it was quite apparently still "hangin' around" from when Tina was here. She left in June. I began counting and realized that she's been gone for nearly 5 months already!! Brandon's exclamation, "EWW GROSS!!!" Didn't exactly take me by surprise, he always harassed her about her hair being all over everything. Of course this made me think about our German girl. I wonder what she's up to and how she's doing. If she passed drivers ed and how she's liking school. I haven't heard from her since my birthday in August and so I can't help but wonder what is new with her and her family. Surprisingly, I haven't heard from her mother since Tina's back in Germany. We used to email one another all the time when Tina was here - but since she returned home, I haven't heard from her mom at all. Kinda strange, since we raised her daughter for nearly a year and made her part of our family. But all in all... what I realized is that what I have left of Tina (besides a few lingering blonde hairs - ha ha) are fond memories.













I'm pretty sure that she's happy to be back home, eating her mom's cooking, going to "zuh disco", shopping with her friends and hangin' out on "zuh beach"... and most of all being back with her family. Really, we're happy too, to have our family back to normal (whatever "normal" is)... but we'll always remember the fun times and the funny stuff most of all. You know, things she said like "man chicken" for rooster -"christmas man" for santa, etc. One time she actually screamed down the hall "Ciara, zehr is an animal in our room!". Turns out it was a moth. ha ha. She didn't know what to call it so she yelled about their being an "animal" in their bedroom. :) It was great. We laughed so hard. I had to remind her often that we weren't making fun of her, but just laughing because the things she says are so amusing. :) It's hard to believe that nearly half a year has gone by. Time really does fly... so in a nutshell... Tina's long hair reminded me to slow down and enjoy life before it passes me by.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you had an exchange student. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the moth story. I can imagine what Ciara thought was in her room! Too funny.

Yes, you're right, time goes so fast. It's really unbelievable.
Each day should be enjoyed and appreciated - in fact, thank you for that reminder today because with my allergy attacks, I haven't been in the best of moods, and need to repent of my grumpiness and be thankful for today - even if my nose is driving me CRAZY!!!

Now I'm off to reply to your email. :)

Lynnette

Unknown said...

I didn't realize you had an exchange student. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun. I love the moth story. I can imagine what Ciara thought was in her room! Too funny.

Yes, you're right, time goes so fast. It's really unbelievable.
Each day should be enjoyed and appreciated - in fact, thank you for that reminder today because with my allergy attacks, I haven't been in the best of moods, and need to repent of my grumpiness and be thankful for today - even if my nose is driving me CRAZY!!!

Now I'm off to reply to your email. :)

Lynnette

Unknown said...

Oops...sorry. I didn't mean to post it twice. I tried to delete one but it wouldn't let me, so you went from zero to three in about 1 minute! ha! :)