Well, Ciara's had a nasty, wicked cold for about 10 days, she'll see the Doc tomorrow to find out if she needs to be drugged, I mean... medicated. :) And Luke had to cancel his flight to Atlanta on Tuesday, because he woke up and had the flu. Extreme stomach cramps and body aches. YUCK. Then today I got a call from the school that Brandon had vomited. So... YAY! I'm thinking, "wow, I'm the only one left that is healthy in this house, wonder how long that will last." So I was working in my soap shop, made 150 of the 300 small Fresh Snow lotions that are due for an order next week... and I start getting huge knots in my stomach. OH NO! I keep working... I must have thought to myself a thousand times how bad my stomach hurt, but I just kept going. I called it a day early and came upstairs for a little rest. Barely sat down and Ciara was home so I talked to her. She felt fine, other than her barky cough, thankfully. I decided that some homemade chicken noodle soup was in order. (or as Brandon used to say when he was a little guy, "chicka soup". I didn't make the noodles myself though, picked them up from the grocery store - some lady in Schoenchen makes them. I also snagged myself a couple bags of oyster crackers and some Sprite for the sickies.
Brandon slept all afternoon and woke up feeling quite a bit better. He was able to eat my scrumptious soup, as was Luke who is feeling much better today... and surprisingly, I felt a bit better this afternoon. We'll see what tomorrow brings. *sigh* I guess there are some nasty bugs going around right now. 'Tis the season eh? I hope this note finds you all well, and if you are... stay away from the sickies. :)
Love and hugs,
jami
3 comments:
Okay, I will pray for all you Sickys but something I read the other day is this. Before you go to bed, wash your feet, dry them, rub in a massive amount of bengay on your feet, put clean socks on and go to sleep. For whatever reason, that is supposed to help with the crappy cold/nose/cough stuff. I don't know if it works or not...but they said it does. I think they might be crack smokers. Love you!
Gotta say, it was some mighty fine soup and I'm not a soup lover!
Yes there are. I woke up Friday feeling poopy and went in to find out I had Sinus Infection. Ew! Today I feel quite a bit better though.
Post a Comment