Monday, November 3, 2008

Voting..."Done Didder!"

My parents went to the courthouse to register their vehicles last week and discovered that people were voting early... so of course I thought I should save myself the hassle of voting when most everyone else is and I went and voted today. It was fairly painless really - I just went into the Ellis County Clerk's office and gave my name. They had me sign a paper and take it across the hall where there were 2 "paper booths" and 3 "computer" booths. I opted for the computer and within 45 seconds had cast my vote for President of the United States! Pretty nifty. Not so nifty is that every election year it seems I have to choose the lesser of 2 evils (not that I'm calling John McCain evil, I'm just sure there has to be a better choice out there... somewhere)For me... when I don't think either of the candidates are the "perfect" choice - I then begin to consider their values and see how they line up with my own. What else can a person do, but this? Certainly Obama's values are not even in the ballpark.

The thing I've found most interesting is the number of die hard democrats that have put the proverbial blinders on this election year. They act as if Obama is the Messiah and meanwhile I wanna flip those big ears out to see if there is a "666" stamped back there. Ok... I apologize, that was maybe goin' a little too far - but I can't help the way I feel. You start talkin' about babies that never had a CHANCE because their Momma had a CHOICE and I start gettin' a little indignant. Ok, nuff said.

Funny how many folks castin' a vote this election year don't even know the basics about what the candidates stand for. I wanna share with you something I read in our local newspaper. It simply blew me away!! Mind you, I can't stand Howard Stern, but I gotta kick outta this:

"Howard Stern sent his team into harlem to interview voters. Three people were asked who they support and all said "Obama." They were all asked if it bothered them that he chose Sarah Palin as his running mate; all said "no." They were all asked if it bothered them that Obama was anti-abortion. All three of them said "no" and on of them had the gall to say she didn't support McCain because he was uninformed. Now give me a good argument why voters shouldn't have to pass a simple civics test!"

Seriously... these people are choosing the next leader of our great nation. *sigh* God help us. All the way around... God help us!

1 comments:

Lianne said...

Ha! I love the Howard Stern story...good stuff.