at MCL Forensics tournament on March 9th!
IDA is "improvised duet acting". When the kids get to the tournament, they have to "draw". They are drawing for person, place and situation and then they have 30 minutes to think up a story with a plot, name the characters and then perform a skit in front of judges that is a minimum of 4 minutes and a maximum of 7 minutes. This process happens 3 times at the tournament - then they find out if they've qualified for finals - which means they are guaranteed to place and receive a medal. Only 1st and 2nd place can qualify for state. I was so proud of the two of them. The thing is... they've been acting, putting on plays, making videos and doing silly stuff together since they were old enough to speak so they make a dynamic duo! :)
State Forensics will be in Topeka on May 2nd and we're looking forward to being there to see them perform. Whatever the outcome, their parents are VERY VERY PROUD!
Oh yes, our children have a flair for the dramatic! ;)

9 comments:
Woo Hoo! I was in forensics my senior year...I was not good. :) I imagine that Ciara and Brandon are very good. Do they do a duet together?? I'm excited! Can you catch their state competition on video?
What are graduation plans?? We'd like to come!
Yay!! Congrats!! I know you are so very proud!!
How fun is that? Yay! So just to be clear...what exactly are they wearing in this picture?
ha ha... they are wearing some old dresses that belonged to my Grandma Fisher. :) They've got big flowy sleeves, and yes... Brandon is wearing a dress. I told you!!!! They're crazy. They are IDA partners, so they qualified for state together. We're going to try to video their performance so we can post a video for everyone to enjoy. I'm telling you, these kids do the most hilarious voices. They keep us entertained every day of the week! :)
Hey, that's great news! I'm not sure I even really know what forensics tournaments are, but I'm glad they're good at it! :) ha!
I wanted to thank you for praying for me Jami. It means so much to me to have prayer support. I've been praying for you too. I know this season of life has been a bit difficult for you - watching kids grow up. Hang in there - God will help you along friend.
Love ya.
Lynnette
Hi Jami,
Just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the comment. It has been a little difficult trying to find a home church but I am determined to find a place where we fit in. I was raised as a Pastor's Kid for most of my life, so being without a church is hard. Since I love music so much, the Praise & Worship part of the service is so important to me. I want to find a place where I can feel a part of the worship service and not feel like I am being performed for. I am praying that the Lord will tell us where he wants us to be. I'm also praying that the Lord will help my Hubby to have the same desire to attend church and continue going faithfully. Thankfully he is very willing to go on most days. The hard part for him is getting out there to meet new people...he is a very reserved person. I'm just the opposite, so meeting new people isn't hard.
Well, thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement. They mean a lot to me!!!
Jami,
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog yesterday! I hope you find a church home too soon. I'll be praying for you too!!
Kristin
Hi Jami...Thanks for stopping by. Congrats on your children's victory...looks like fun (at least to a former drama queen like me!). I finally sent your movie/book prize out this afternoon. So sorry it took me so long...I'm a little out of sorts lately. It was sent priority mail...so it should arrive within a couple days.
Blessings to you,
Kelly
Jami, thanks for your comment today on Tuesdays In The Word. I felt led to join in on that today.
I read this post about your kids and I think it is great that they can act together and do skits. Jared and Abigail are like that too. It is so cool when siblings are close.
Isn't it wonderful to love the Lord and to be able to trust in Him for all of our needs? And I also find it a huge blessing to be able to pray for other people's needs.
I like these nice ladies on the blogsites and I count you and the others as my friends. I pray that God will meet all of your needs as you look to Him. I pray for many blessings in your life and in the lives of your family.
And may you grow in His grace.
Love, Linda
Post a Comment